Why is it easy to use the Laboratory Electronic Balance in winter is not measured? And how to avoid it?
With the development of the times, the Laboratory Electronic Balance has become an electronic precision instrument essential for many manufacturers to research and measure products. However, in the use of Laboratory Electronic Balance, many users' feedback says that in the winter Laboratory Electronic Balance is not as accurate as before measurement. This is mostly due to temperature or electrostatic problems.
We all know that the Laboratory Electronic Balance, as a precision instrument, for the temperature and humidity environment is a certain requirement. Many laboratories even set up a "balance room" specifically for accurately weighing electronic balances to maintain a constant temperature, humidity, and quiet environment. In the "balance room" of the relevant construction specifications, the balance room environmental requirements are as follows: temperature 20-26 degrees Celsius, relative humidity 45-75%, no direct sunlight, no corrosive gases; shockproof, no air convection.
In the winter, the weather is dry, and static electricity is also relatively serious. Sometimes, picking up and placing objects will be "electric", and wearing and taking off clothes will also hear the "pop" sound of electricity. Such static electricity, if the role in the balance, will certainly impact the balance readings.Especially in the case of high-precision Laboratory Electronic Balance, the influence of static electricity is even greater. Static electricity usually exists in the following areas: dry air with static electricity; weighed objects with static electricity; balance operator's clothes or tools with static electricity; balance work room floor or workbench static electricity; balance scales improperly installed, etc. If you want to avoid the balance by static interference, we have to start from these aspects to solve.
(1) try to maintain a suitable temperature and humidity of the environment, if necessary, by using air conditioning, humidifiers, and other regulating devices in the room.
(2) the object to be weighed to remove static electricity before weighing.
(3) the operator, before using the balance, try not to wear down chemical fibre material and other clothing, touch the balance before touching the wall to remove static electricity, wear cotton gloves to operate, and avoid wearing rubber gloves.
(4) If necessary, place a small cup of water near the balance to increase the humidity of the nearby environment.
(5) If the balance pan and the object are to be weighed between the easy friction of static electricity, insulated containers can be used to hold the items, tare and then weigh; or try to pad the pan on a piece of paper / anti-static film to isolate static electricity.
(6) Maintain the environmental humidity and connect the balance to the ground.
(7) Properly install the balance pan.
(8) After removing the environmental electrostatic interference, calibrate the balance before weighing.
The above is the winter use of Laboratory Electronic Balance easy to measure the reasons for inaccuracy and how to avoid this situation. I hope it will be useful for your use.